Mold License Number: MRSR2638
WATER DAMAGED CARPETS: HELP! I HAVE A FLOOD
You walk into your house and are greeted by the sight of standing water in your living room. While your first thought is probably panic, your next thought should be to call a Largo water damage repair company. Maybe you had a pipe burst, or someone left the bathtub or sink running and forgot; no matter how the water got there, the main goal should be removing it and saving your floors and furniture. Carpets can be extremely difficult to clean after a flood, since they essentially act like a sponge, soaking up all of the water and bacteria. You should always call a professional Largo carpet cleaning and restoration company when you have water damage.
WHAT TO DO WHEN YOU’VE GOT A FLOOD IN YOUR HOME:
- Identify the water source. Before you start clearing out the room, make sure it is safe to do so. Water from a sink is generally safe, but if it is coming from sewage pipes it will be highly contaminated and can pose a health risk.
- If you can, remove all furniture to keep it dry. For items too large to move, you can lift them off the ground by putting plywood or wooden blocks underneath them.
- For books and papers that got wet, you can photocopy anything valuable, or try to freeze dry them.
- Use a humidifier to reduce excess water in the air. This will lower the risk of mold growth.
- If you have wet curtains, you can follow normal washing instructions to clean and dry them. If they have been sitting in contaminated water, consult a professional about cleaning procedures.
Water damage in your home can be a scary sight. However, with these tips and the help from a professional carpet cleaning and water restoration company like Chris’ Carpet, your home will be back to normal in no time! We will perform restoration services, structural dry out to get you back to your day to day routine as soon as possible.
For more information, or for 24/7 emergency services, call us today at 727-677-5744.
Get A Free Estimate
We’re Ready When You Are!
Schedule An Appointment Today!
Chris’ Carpet Service and Water Restoration Offers 24 Hour Emergency Responses
We work with all insurance companies and will help you with your claim. Give us a call today!
What makes Chris' Carpet Service & Water Restoration so unique—is the quality of the whole experience, from the moment we meet until we say, "Good bye and thank you." We care just as much about your experience as you do. We want so much more than simply happy customers; we want cheerleaders.
What makes Chris' Carpet Service and Water Restoration so unique—is the quality of the whole experience, from the moment we meet until we say, "Good bye and thank you." We care just as much about your experience as you do. We want so much more than simply happy customers; we want cheerleaders.
24 Hr Emergency Services
Since 1978 Chris’ Carpet Service has answered the call for “Help!” With our quick response time 30 to 90 minutes, our certified and expertly trained technicians are able to get to your home or business quickly and get your home back to pre-loss conditions using our state of art equipment.
Licensed and Insured in the state of Florida.
Mold License Number: MRSR2638
Copyright © 2021 Chris' Carpet Service & Water Restoration. All Rights Reserved.